Mardi Gras 2019 - Talking Points
- NSW SES is marching for the 11th year in the 41st annual Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade on Saturday 2nd March 2019.
- NSW SES is proud to have 60 of our dedicated members and their partners, family and friends marching in this year’s parade.
- NSW SES has created vibrant designs to celebrate Mardi Gras using the Rainbow Flag on both our t-shirts and the Medium Storm Truck.
- We will also be wearing Pride Pins which symbolise our commitment to being an organisation that practices respect and values different perspectives.
- Participating in the Mardi Gras parade aligns with our strategy to increase the diversity of our membership by enhancing the inclusiveness of the culture across NSW SES.
- Our aims in participating are:
- To send a message to communities that we will be there for them during floods, storms, tsunami and other emergencies.
- To promote NSW SES as a community-based volunteer emergency service that welcomes everyone.
- To celebrate the diversity of our membership and our communities.
- To align with industry best practice.
Volunteering with NSW SES
- Last year NSW SES launched a new volunteering reimagined initiative which allows more flexibility and different options for people to get involved with the Service, no matter what your background is or level of commitment may be.
We urge anyone who may be interested in becoming an SES volunteer to visit our website for more information: www.ses.nsw.gov.au